FIA FORMULA 1
Five times world champion
The winner of the Mexican GP pole position receive a helmet from Juan Manuel Fangio
It is a certified replica of the helmet that Fangio used to win his first Formula 1. The helmet also commemorates the 70th anniversary of this event.
The driver who qualifies on pole position for the 2021 FORMULA 1 MEXICO CITY GRAND PRIX Presented by Heineken will be presented with a certified replica of the helmet worn by the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio to commemorate the 70th anniversary of his first world championship.
“It is a true honour to be collaborating with the Juan Manuel Fangio Foundation to offer such a unique gift to the pole sitter of our event. Fangio is a true ambassador for Formula 1 in Latin America and all over the world and I’m sure any of the current drivers would love to have such an emblematic helmet in their collection. It’s been 70 years since Fangio’s first world championship and to this date, he is still one of the top drivers in all of Formula 1”. Said Federico Gonzalez Compean, General Manager of the 2021 FORMULA 1 MEXICO CITY GRAND PRIX Presented by Heineken.
“Fangio is one of the best drivers in Formula 1 history. His helmet represents a part of his legacy, and it will be an honor to present it to the driver who takes pole position at this year’s México GP. The helmet serves as a reminder that a true passion for motorsport can take you to the very top of Formula 1,” said Juan José Carli, president of the Fangio Foundation.
Three-time Formula 1 World Champion Sir Jackie Stewart and Argentine journalist Fernando Tornello will be in charge of presenting the helmet to the pole sitter at the end of Mexico’s GP.
The helmet is a certified replica of the one worn by ‘El Chueco’ during the 1951 season, when he won the championship driving an Alfa Romeo 159. On the way to picking up his first title, Fangio won the Swiss, French, and Spanish Grand Prix, and had five podium finishes.
The British company Herbert Johnson originally manufactured the helmet. The shell consists of several layers of a fiber material that was originally used as electrical board insulator. Inside, it has a thin cork liner, a hard leather oval ring, and silk fabric webbing.
The helmet’s dimensions are:
- Height: 122 mm (smaller diameter), 144 mm (larger diameter)
- Visor length: 30 mm
- Stripe height: 45 mm
Juan Manuel became the first Formula 1 legend by winning five World Championship titles (1951, 1954, 1955, 1956 and 1957). In his Formula 1 career, he took part in 51 Grand Prix, of which he won 24, achieving the highest winning average in history at 47.5%, a record that remains unblemished to this day. He also took 28 pole positions and had 48 front-row starts. He passed away in Buenos Aires, at the age of 84, on July 17, 1995.
The Fangio Foundation is preparing a tribute for the five-time World Champion that will take place 9-10 November in Balcarce, Argentina. The homage will include moving his remains to a mausoleum built at the Fangio Museum, an initiative promoted by Jackie Stewart.
The México GP organizing committee would like to thank the Fangio Foundation for providing such a memorable prize for the driver who takes pole position at the Grand Prix that is all set for 5-7 November at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
- 37th Anniversary Fangio Museum
- Fernando Alonso's helmet at the Fangio Museum
- The FANGIO Foundation in Mexico: Rally Maya and Monterrey Car Museum
- Helmet exchange with Mario Andretti
- Absolute winner award of the 36th Edition of the Pan-American Race in Mexico
- Auto Classic 2023, a success
- El Camino de Fangio in Italy concluded with a visit to Castiglione Messer Marino
- The Fangio Museum at Imola, another stage of El Camino de Fangio
- A new chapter in the story of Fangio and Pagani
- An unforgettable day in Maranello
- Official visit to the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese, Italy
- Reception in Galliate from the commune and the Achille Varzi Museum
- Visit to the Pirelli Foundation in Milan
- The Argentine Consulate in Milan received the delegation of El Camino de Fangio
- Juan Manuel Fangio inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame
- The Fangio Museum in Monza at the launch of the 777 hypercar
- We attended the fifth edition of the Motor Valley Fest in Modena
- Peter Nygaard appointed Honorary Advisor to the Fangio Foundation
- Tribute to Reutemann
- A great work of art
- Tasting Los Toneles
- 41th Anniversary CADEA
- Day of the Museums / Day of the Cockade
- 300 Sport Miles
- The "3" complete
- A sculpture of the Daimler 1886 donated to the Museum
- Favaloro's car at the Fangio Museum
- Iconic weddings at the Museum
- 70th Anniversary First Victory
10 A 17 HS
10 A 18 HS
Weekends and holidays
10 A 18 HS
January and February
museo juan manuel fangio
Dardo Rocha (18) esq. Mitre (17)
Tel/fax +54-2266-425540 - CP 7620
Balcarce - Buenos Aires - Argentina
- $ 5000
- $ 4500
- $ 3000
- $ 0