FIA FORMULA 1
Five times world champion
Peter Nygaard appointed Honorary Advisor to the Fangio Foundation
The Danish photographer with journalistic coverage of more than 700 Formula 1 Grand Prix, visited us for the second consecutive year and on the occasion of the inauguration of the photographic exhibition produced exclusively by the Fangio Museum with 40 of his most outstanding works, received the appointment as Honorary Advisor of the Fangio Foundation, which reflects and provides a reciprocal framework for Peter's great and selfless collaboration with our institution.
Peter Nygaard was born in Denmark in 1962 and as a young boy he developed a keen interest in motor racing. He was only 12 years old when his father took him to the 1974 Swedish Grand Prix, and there and then Peter decided he wanted a future in F1.
Journalism seemed the best route, but it was difficult to convince the career advisor at High School about the plan. Instead, Peter entered law school at the University of Copenhagen, but the long summer breaks were spent at the F1 tracks - armed with a small tent and Interrail tickets to take him around Europe by train.
The stories he brought back were welcomed by magazines and newspapers. But there was usually a question attached: “What about pictures?”
That´s when Peter decided to take his own photographs. He bought the cheapest camera he could find - a Russian Zenith. Armed with this, he taught himself to take pictures which made it easier to sell his stories - now he could offer a full text-and-photo package
Peter qualified as a lawyer in 1987, and promptly skipped the graduation party and went to the Brazilian Grand Prix instead. That was the end of his legal career. And the start of a lifetime in Formula 1
He set up the agency Grand Prix Photo, and he has now covered more than 600 Grands Prix.
Having purchased archives from several famous photographers (including Nigel Snowdon and Dominique Leroy), Grand Prix Photo today holds one of the biggest libraries of historic and current F1 photos.
“History is what makes Formula 1 special, and I am proud to have created on the of the biggest independent libraries of Formula 1 photography,” Peter says.
He has written several books about Formula 1 and became an international best-selling author when his “Formula 1” (736 large-format pages weighting close to 7 kilos!) sold close to 30.000 copies in Danish, French and English.
“I have been very fortunate to have spent all my working life in this great sport, and I intend to go on for the foreseeable future. I am lucky and happy that my family has always supported me – both my wife and out three children have worked for Grand Prix Photo over the years,” Peter adds.
In the pit lanes Peter knows everyone and everyone knows Peter.
We were fortunate to meet him personally just a year ago and he has become for us a committed and valuable collaborator in the difficult task of keeping the figure of Juan Manuel Fangio alive in Formula 1.
Beyond all his valuable personal and professional background, he has shown us his nobility, his commitment and his gift of good people.
He fits one of the most transcendent definitions of #juanmanuelfangio, "You must always try to be the best, but never believe you are the best."
That is why in an Extraordinary meeting held on February 27, 2023, the members of the Foundation have unanimously decided to recognize him, inviting him to be Honorary Advisor of our Entity.
- 37th Anniversary Fangio Museum
- Fernando Alonso's helmet at the Fangio Museum
- The FANGIO Foundation in Mexico: Rally Maya and Monterrey Car Museum
- Helmet exchange with Mario Andretti
- Absolute winner award of the 36th Edition of the Pan-American Race in Mexico
- Auto Classic 2023, a success
- El Camino de Fangio in Italy concluded with a visit to Castiglione Messer Marino
- The Fangio Museum at Imola, another stage of El Camino de Fangio
- A new chapter in the story of Fangio and Pagani
- An unforgettable day in Maranello
- Official visit to the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese, Italy
- Reception in Galliate from the commune and the Achille Varzi Museum
- Visit to the Pirelli Foundation in Milan
- The Argentine Consulate in Milan received the delegation of El Camino de Fangio
- Juan Manuel Fangio inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame
- The Fangio Museum in Monza at the launch of the 777 hypercar
- We attended the fifth edition of the Motor Valley Fest in Modena
- The winner of the Mexican GP pole position receive a helmet from Juan Manuel Fangio
- Tribute to Reutemann
- A great work of art
- Tasting Los Toneles
- 41th Anniversary CADEA
- Day of the Museums / Day of the Cockade
- 300 Sport Miles
- The "3" complete
- A sculpture of the Daimler 1886 donated to the Museum
- Favaloro's car at the Fangio Museum
- Iconic weddings at the Museum
- 70th Anniversary First Victory
10 A 17 HS
10 A 18 HS
Weekends and holidays
10 A 18 HS
January and February
museo juan manuel fangio
Dardo Rocha (18) esq. Mitre (17)
Tel/fax +54-2266-425540 - CP 7620
Balcarce - Buenos Aires - Argentina
- $ 5000
- $ 4500
- $ 3000
- $ 0